Hobbs & Shaw
The installment to the Fast and The Furious franchise we never thought we would want. However, The Rock known for being the savior of franchises almost guarantees a win just by simply showing up. The trailer for the film showed a lot of nonsense and unrealistic action but if you were already a fan of FF, this is not surprising to anyone.
As of this writing the Tomatometer had it at 66%, Metacritic was at 60% and IMDB was at 7.1/10.
The Rock returns to play the now infamous character Hobbs to work with his greatest enemy, Shaw which is played Jason Statham. They showed in the previous FF film that they have great chemistry with each other and can easily feed off of each other to produce some amazing action sequences or great witty banter.
They are joined by a few new additions to the cast which I hope continue to stay on in either franchise which is Ryan Reynolds(Deadpool) and Rob Delaney(Peter from Deadpool 2) as they added a new flare of comedic flare to the film.
Where there is the Rock, you will always find Kevin Hart. Of course he had a role playing of course, as himself like he is in every film. And also they added in Vanessa Kirby as Statham’s sister who carries the main plot line of the story in her land, literally. Idris Elba joins the cast as main villain known as Brixton(constantly referred to as Black Superman) and gives the franchise a breath of fresh air with his villian addition.
Ever since hulking lawman Hobbs (Johnson), a loyal agent of America's Diplomatic Security Service, and lawless outcast Shaw (Statham), a former British military elite operative, first faced off in 2015’s Furious 7, the duo have swapped smack talk and body blows as they’ve tried to take each other down. But when cyber-genetically enhanced anarchist Brixton (Idris Elba) gains control of an insidious bio-threat that could alter humanity forever — and bests a brilliant and fearless rogue MI6 agent (The Crown’s Vanessa Kirby), who just happens to be Shaw’s sister — these two sworn enemies will have to partner up to bring down the only guy who might be badder than themselves.
· The action sequences were by far the most superior in the entire FF
· The comedic Chemistry between Rock and Statham is legendary. Add Kevin Hart and you almost have a comedy special on Netflix
· Moved away from the typical story that is told in the FF and added in new elements for the Rock and Statham to work with
· Adding Reynolds into the mix, with especially as hot as he is right now due to Deadpool gives this film an extra boost
· Like Prison Break, they boxed themselves in for story line and had to add a higher power or government agency that is evil. Remember when it was about racing cars and stealing dvd players from Walmart?
· The Rock can hold a chain to keep a Hind D style helicopter from flying away? We could make this alittle legit.
· Purposely threw in screentime for Roman Reigns as he is family. Sigh.
Why we should watch it:
· Film kept you on the edge of your seat
· Absolutely hilarious
· Ryan Reynolds
· The final fight scene in the rain
If you are looking for an Oscar winning movie, this is the wrong flick. If you are looking for a film that will make you laugh, tons of explosions and have top shelf violence. This is the film for you.